Pages

Monday 4 June 2007

Sunday: Party with Palermo

Just came back from the party hosted by Jeffrey Palermo at the Glo Lounge on International Drive. Good atmosphere and free beer. Jeffrey set up a game where you had to look up people's badge to find a pattern matching yours and win stuff (London's FOWA did a similar kind of thing). Always a good way to get people to move around and talk to each other, although alcohol also played a role. I discussed for a while with Tatsumi from Sweden. Later we talked about Web Apps, Spring, Java and the price of cigarettes with Mark Pollack from Interface21. Mark is giving a session this week about Sprint.NET (ARC402 - Understanding Spring.NET - 7/6/2007 16:30). Got a chance to say hello to Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell. From all the podcasts I listen to, it is definitely theirs I enjoy the most so it was fun to meet them in real life. Also bumped into Michelle Leroux Bustamante who talked several times on .NET rocks. I'm sure I have seen many more people I've either heard on a podcast or read about in a blog but I didn't know their faces... Very enjoyable party! Tomorrow, got to get up early to catch the keynote at 8.30am. I have the feeling this week is going to be a very good week!

2 comments:

Jeffrey Palermo said...

Glad you had a good time. If you have any pictures, please share them at http://www.flickr.com/groups/teched2007

Matt said...

Hi Jeffrey, thanks for the party!
I don't have any pics from last night, however I've got some sounds... Will publish them as soon as I get the time :-)